Wednesday, February 28, 2007

CAUTION: Random Ramblings About Memories - Not Worth Reading

I am doing a lot of reminiscing these days, I don’t know why. Not that I am being sentimental about anything, I just remember things all of a sudden – things I never cared to remember before.

I remember my childhood, when I was a confused and tortured soul trying to get out of a very sheltered life. I remember my adolescence where ironically I spent some very liberating years at a boarding school being a self-proclaimed cool gangster kid. I remember my varsity days, when I thought I was the smartest human being on this planet, yet many a time I was proven wrong and fell flat on my face. Yes I remember it all with much clarity.

Yet, I can’t for the life of me, remember what my boss told me to do right before he went on leave for the CNY holidays. Or, who that idiot was who still owe me RM200.00 from my chambering days. Or, who borrowed my book, Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire! (This is the missing piece in my collection – I SWEAR, IF I GET MY HANDS ON THE BUGGER…..!!!!!)

Ehem, swaying off track here... ANYWAY,

Memory is a tricky thing, isn’t it? You remember things you want to forget. You forget things you want to remember.

I guess I am remembering a whole lot of things from my past as yet another birthday is approaching. Could this be a mid-life crisis that I am headed for? It is way too early for such thing, unless of course, if I’m fated to die before retirement age,... Gosh, kind of morbid, don’t you think?

Let that not be true. At least let me have my mid-life crisis at a time when I am secure enough financially to take a year off work to go gallivanting around the world and buy a Porsche when I come back thereafter. And not to mention, undergoing liposuction procedure somewhere in between in order to fit into those skimpy bikinis they wear on the streets of Rio (whoops… should I even mention that?).

For the time being, let me just figure out how to achieve that multi-million dollar income before my hair turns grey (because grey haired women don’t look too good in bikinis).

Anyway, I think the fact that I am reminiscing a lot these days has nothing to do at all with mid-life crisis. It’s probably just vanity. When you reach a certain age, you want to feel good about yourself in every way. And if you don’t, even if it’s just a tiny little thing that bothers you, you tend to reflect on your past trying to find reasons for why you turn out the way you do. In fact, more often than not, people do that to find someone to blame for all their shortcomings.

Yea, it’s easier to try to pin it on someone else for all the things I don’t like about myself. I blame it on the weather. I blame it on the rain. I blame it on my Mum for feeding me too much till I can’t fit into those bikinis!

Oye!

ENOUGH WITH THE BIKINIS ALREADY!!

6 comments:

Elviza said...

Dearest Sue,

Hik hik hik hik, you made m y day lah friend.

You tell me the idiot who borrowed your Potter book and never return it back, I lecture him on the manners about borrowing people's book.

Honestly friend, I think you are still bug by fact that you are soon going to be a year wiser.

What's your email Sue?

elle said...

hi my friend :)

reminiscing is good when u can laugh abt it and bad when it makes u feel sad, horrible, angry etc. memories.. well..hard to explain..i hv lots of them..including our gila-gila days.but the ones i remembered the most was when i was just a few blocks away from my neighbour's kindergarten and suddenly...boom went off a small handbomb.. i think (bukan kat sini la..kat tempat lain jauh nun disana) that was in 1980s.

now..abt that harry potter book !! just want to say...aiya..ini mcm org pun ada ka??? Kalau org hutang aku RM200 aku cari sampai lubang cacing ...hehehe

Typhoon Sue said...

elviza, the thing is, i don't even know which idiot it was!

yea, it's that age thingy again.

gosh.. i have so many email addresses i can hardly keep track which is which. anyway, try this one: sistertyphoon@yahoo.com

elle:
bomb? hang dok kat iraq ka? hehehe
honestly, i thought your most memorable one would be the one with me doing a broadway show in class and you telling me to sit down. Party pooper!

david santos said...

Hello!
This work is very good
Thank you

NURAINA A SAMAD said...

Oh Sue,tell me about it....

And speaking of harry potter.. you know, harry's a big boy now. Rather Daniel Radcliffe. I'm sure you've read about it. He's gone on stage in London's West End to play the role of a disturbed 17 yr-old in the play "Equus". He gets to be naked for a full 15 minutes just before the play ends.

Here's a bit about it:
"The teen actor we see on stage is provocative, intelligent, even controversial in the play's famous nude scene. In it, Strang has an awkward—and unconsummated—first sexual encounter with his costar, Joanna Christie, which leaves Radcliffe naked for about 15 minutes until just before the play ends."

Hmmm... our boy Harry, whoops,I mean, Daniel, has to grow up too, huh? He's probably had enough of being Harry Potter. Not too good for his prospects in filmdom.

Typhoon Sue said...

Muito obrigado, senhor santos!

Nuraina:
REALLY???
Strangely enough, I don’t ever want to see him in that play. Now, if it’s Wentworth Miller or Colin Ferrel, I’ll be on the front row!!

I guess Radcliffe is just trying to shed his goody goody image. It’s not easy being recognized as the boy wizard, I’m sure that character will stick to him till he dies.

I just hope he doesn’t turn out like Macaulay Culkin though… that Home Alone image was so hard to get rid off, look where he is now –either home alone, or rehab alone.