Wednesday, March 28, 2007

TV Talk #2 - Grey's Anatomy

Bummer! Grey’s Anatomy season 2 ended last night on NTV7. I loved every minute of it and can’t wait to see the next season (even though I have already checked out all the episode guides and know exactly what’s gonna happen next).

I love everything about the show, from its very clever title to the terrific cast and to the fantabulous script. There was a time in my life when I wanted to be a doctor. I would watch all the medical dramas on TV religiously and dream of one day becoming Dr. Sue. I even tried to read my sister’s Gray’s Anatomy in order to learn a thing or two about medicine (For the uninitiated, Gray’s Anatomy is the Bible of Medical Students, hence the clever title of the show).

Alas, my dream of becoming a doctor lasted for only one year, as did all my other ambitions back then. Let me see, among other things, I wanted to be a spaceship officer (ala Maya of Space 1999), a Thundercat, a combat pilot (ala Hawke in Airwolf), a police officer (ala Cagney of Cagney and Lacey), a superhero (ala The Greatest American Hero), a truck driver (ala B.J. and The Bear), a cruise ship captain (ala Love Boat) and at one time, I even wanted to be Godzilla.

Such was the influence of TV in my life. Even now, as an adult, I can’t stay away from TV. Ever so often, there comes a show that is so addictive, my whole life revolves around it.

“Sorry, I forgot it’s Tuesday. Can’t watch 300 with you tonight”.

“I can’t stay back at the office today, it’s Tuesday, gotta go home early”.

“No, I don’t wanna go out for dinner tonight, I’ll just tapau and eat in front of my TV”.

“Can we do the gathering tomorrow night instead? It’s Tuesday today, I’ve got something to do tonight”.

“The Sale has got to wait, I’m going home to watch Grey’s Anatomy”.

Now that Season 2 has ended, I know I can now go out on Tuesday nights, but life will never be the same again. At least, not until Season 3 is aired.

Last night’s ending, where Meredith looked at Finn, then at Derek, then back at Finn and then Derek, showed the dilemma she was in, having to make a choice between the 2 guys. What a superb ending! I can totally relate to that, having been at a crossroad every so often and unable to make a choice. It would have helped though, if my choices then were 2 very hot guys like Finn and Derek (on 2nd thought, there wouldn’t be a choice, I’ll just grab ‘em both!).

I can’t wait till next season.

5 comments:

Fauziah Ismail said...

Hi TS
I put up a "Do Not Disturb" sign on Sundays when I watch Grey's Anatomy. Sometimes when I had to work on that day, nobody can touch the Astro remote control of the TV in the office when Grey's is aired.
My fave cast is Dr Preston Burke and Dr Christina Yang, Dr George O'Malley and Dr Bailey. McDreamy, McSteamy and McVet? One too many out there!

Typhoon Sue said...

The one on Astro is a bit delayed, no? Hope I didn't spoil your enjoyment of the show.
Looks like you love everybody on it, except, let me guess, Meredith? hehehe

elviza said...

Dear Sue,

I have huge huge huge crush on Dr. Derek Sherperd. Those dreamy eyes, lost-looking face, cool disposition and the romance he exudes....ah...hmmm

This is bad. Sorry Sue

Fauziah Ismail said...

TS
Yup, Astro's delayed but the beauty about Astro is that when we miss the first showing, there's a repeat.
I'm more attracted to the supporting roles (but Burke and Yang are hardly supporting, I think, since episodes evolved around them) than Meredith and her McDreamy and McVet.

Typhoon Sue said...

elviza:
it's okay. everybody's crazy about McDreamy. we all do. I don't know anyone who's not,... except of course my mum who is still crazy about richard chamberlain.... :)

fauziah:
burke and yang are supporting cast, but they're like pillar support. Without cristina's wisecracks, the show wouldn't be the same.