Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Weather Is Fine, But I'm Under It


I’m feeling a little bit under the weather, so I’m a wee bit sensitive about everything. The light, the heat, the smell of ciggies at the lobby, the receptionist not greeting me when I came to office just now, my secretary not asking me if I’m feeling better. Everything hurts.

I spent my whole day yesterday lying on my bed, wallowing in self-pity. When I wasn’t knocked out cold from the medicines, I was complaining to myself about everything, how cold the room was, how stuffy my nose was, how my back hurt, how my head throbbed, how my tummy ached, how my mummy hadn’t called to check if I’m okay. That is, till I remembered that it is me who hasn’t called her in 2 months. So I popped another dose of medicines and went back to sleep. Woke up hours later only to complain about the same things all over again. It’s a vicious cycle.

Back at work today with a little bit leftover flu still hanging on. I kinda like how my voice sounds at this point. A little bit nasal, a little bit husky, a little bit rockish if I may say so myself. Makes me feel like I could sing really really well. I guess I’m hallucinating about that.

Hope I'll feel a lot better by noon today since I have to rush off to a meeting in Shah Alam at 2.

And oh, by the way, before I sign off, I wish the happy couple a blessed life together. Amin.

8 comments:

elviza said...

Dearest Sue,

Ohhhh.... cheer up friend. Call your mommy. Brave through the meeting (gosh I hate meetings!).

Since I am not blogging on my blog, allow me to do so in yours.

You know this thing the clients call it "opinion". As we speak, I have five letters from 5 different clients, asking for the opinions. And me? As blank as a blackboard!

Oh good god, leave me aloneeeeeee!!! Huaaaaa.....

Of course, congratulation PakLah.

p/s: thanks sue for the space.

papadom_ullalla said...

Ala syian anak mommy syakit
Nak i picit pala?

Hjh Esah Jolie said...

Good day, how are you feeling today? Try singing in the car today....then you may tell if you eligible for the next American Idol.

KL ada jual Lemsip ke?

J.T. said...

My poor Sue, under the weather. At least you have your temporary gift of a good voice. Go ahead, belt out in song... a really sexy song like "Santa Baby" or "Big Spender". :)
Hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

pugly said...

Oh your poor thing ... get well soon, luv. Hope you're feeling better already by the time you read this *mwah!*

A Babe Of Very Little Brain said...

*big hugs sue*

dark clouds will soon float away.

Typhoon Sue said...

thank you thank you thank you
i'm so touched
you ppl are so nice

*hugs everyone*

The Blueberry said...

Awww dearie... Sorry I'm late. Hope you're better now.

:-D