Monday, April 14, 2008

Bumper Stumper



Last Thursday as I was driving to work, someone got into a little accident with me while my car was at the traffic light. The lady driver may have overestimated the little opening between my car and hers and tried to change lanes thus knocking into my bumper.

We pulled to the side, got out, assessed the damage, she admitted her fault and we exchanged numbers. That’s it. I didn’t even scream and yell. Too early in the morning for that and it’s just a minor dent on my bumper. No need to get my blood pressure up.

The funny thing was, eventhough our cars didn’t block traffic, the onlookers caused a traffic jam anyway.

Small fender-bender like that also want to gawk ka woi????

Anyway, I took it lightly. I didn’t even bother to go to the workshop over the weekend. I’ll do it next week, I thought.

So I went about and did other things and completely unperturbed by the dent.

This morning, as I was driving to work, again, another woman driver bumped me on the rear while trying to change lanes at the traffic light. What’s up with all these people not knowing how to change lanes??? Tak masuk sekolah memandu ke woi?

We pulled over to the side and lo and behold, this time got hole one!!!





Aiyoh… koyak bontot aku lorrr…

I was stunned because there are 2 fender-benders in 5 days and in the same kind of situation. This 2nd woman was in a hurry and quickly took charge giving me her numbers and promising to pay for the damage and all. I can’t remember what I said but I think I didn’t say more than 10 words. I was stumped. I was too blurred. I was too stunned. I was getting superstitious, I mean, twice in 5 days???

Okay, so I have to go to the workshop today and get the damage assessed. I’ve got to get this out of the way now.

13 comments:

Pi Bani said...

Tu maknanya nak kena tukar kereta baru... lamborghini ke... lamborghitu ke... :)

pugly said...

Kena mandi bunga ni Sue :-P

Diphthong said...

sent my car to a tukang ketuk to have the dents all ketuk and repaired. the dents are really minute but there were a-plenty.

towkay said, aiyaa you tunggu kemek besar sikit la baru hantar. siot aje.

Typhoon Sue said...

pi bani:
aiyoh.. lamborghini. koyak le poket i...

pugs:
yes dear, know any good bomoh around town?

dipthong:
exactly why i didn't bother to fix the first one right away. sikit saja, buang duit nak repair. Now that the bumper sudah koyak, kena tukar semua pulak sebab tak boleh tampal. Huwaaaa!!!!

elviza said...

Hah Sue, kena beli numbor tuh :-)

or, kena beli keta baru! Ahaks!

Diphthong said...

ada hikmah tu.

imagine if you had sent your car for repairs earlier, then this makcik langgar kasi lobang.

double headache.

would you like to wait for the 3rd dent?

Kak Teh said...

i sokong elviza - beli nombor then beli kereta baru. 2 times in 5days and one hole = 2,5, 10 , 0

Hjh Esah Jolie said...

naik bus je lah Sue oiii....takde sesakit kepala...tengok cam aku ni, naik bus,naik beskal gi kerja...

Typhoon Sue said...

ELVIZA:
*LOL*
I'll send someone to get 3D for me... :-)

DIPHTHONG:
3rd dent? No way!! Mintak simpang malaikat 44!

I gotta fix it now to remove the jinx.

KAKTEH:
2,5,10,0 byk kombination buleh buat tuh. i beli keta baru terus le kut... tapi talak luit camna?
My Hyundai has been rather faithful to me, sayang nak tukar.

HJH ESAH:
makji, aku kalau naik beskal pi keja, musti kiok sakit jantung tgh jalan. Nak panjat bukit kat rumah aku pun dah semput.
:-)

Manal said...

Kereta u kilat bersilau2 sangat kot?

FairyGodmother said...

poor you...i guess, these people haven't had their coffee yet! pasal tu tak fully awake yet!

The Blueberry said...

Ahaaaa... That was exactly how I felt when i had that second accident while driving Carlos's car... Rasa macam tak percaye... Dah tu bila si offender tu lari I lagi ler stress which translated into that public bawl!

Typhoon Sue said...

manal:
actually, i tak basuh keta dah 2 minggu masa accident tuh... kusam aje kaler dia
:-)

fairy godmother:
if that's so then they shouldn't be on the road lah!
:-)

blueberry:
i understand that bawl completely now!
:-)